p

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Home time


This is the team I'd like to see take on Everton. So after campaigning for James Milner to start, I've dropped him. The reason for this is tactical and not because I don't like James Milner (he's a cracking player). N'Zogbia tore Everton apart in this fixture last season and Duff looks equally effective down both flanks, so Milner will have to be content with a late entry. In my opinion Duff, along with Ameobi should be rested for the Tallinn game in midweek to keep them fresh for Manchester United next weekend. N'Zogbia also provides better cover for Peter Ramage than Damien Duff, who isn't a fan of going back. Duff and N'Zogbia also provide more of a goal threat to Milner, who despite playing very well looks out of place in the team whenever he shoots (except that incredible freekick against Ventspils). With the threat of Johnson, Steven Taylor should definitely play and Titus Bramble should not.

My preferred substitutes bench could not really avoid both Sibierski and Bramble, so I've chosen to avoid Sibierski, although I suspect he will be included.