p

Monday, September 18, 2006

Get well soon Shay

Six weeks out for Given after a bad challenge by Marlon Harewood. Purely accidental my arm, how you can say he went for the ball when our goalkeeper has a whole in his stomach is beyond me. He went in studs up and was sliding as Given caught the ball. The fact that it should have been a straight red is irrelevant, Harewood is well known for having a bad temper and this ref failed to take this into account. I wouldn't be so annoyed if people accepted it was less accidental than it first appeared. I'm not saying he wanted to hurt Given, but his version of chasing lost causes is a bit extreme and he should have been punished.


Marlon Harewood's boot is the blue Nike one. No, I can't see the ball either.

I'd also like to congratulate MOTD on getting a 0 out of 10 from me for their coverage and analysis of our game Sunday, it was absolutely pathetic.