p

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

You can almost touch it...

Martins in Shola's body...disturbing yes

Quotes from Glenn this morning:

"We have got club officials out there today in Milan trying to tie the deal up."

"I think we are virtually there with an agreement with the player, the club and agents."

"There is quite a bit of paperwork to be done today and we will be rushing around trying to get that all signed up."

"Hopefully, either very late tonight or first thing in the morning, we can bring Martins back with us."

"It's too early to say, 'Yes, he's signed up' because officially, he has not. But we are very positive over what's going to happen by the end of play today."

Roeder wasn't worried about interest from Portsmouth:

"I never worry about speculation at all. I only concern myself with what we are doing.

"As far as I am concerned, as long as the paperwork goes through today, he will be our man and not only Portsmouth, but any other club, will have to look elsewhere for a striker."
Glenn also confirmed the fee was £10million.

I will confirm the signing as soon as it happens and give my customary talk about it.