p

Friday, August 18, 2006

Opening day

Thankfully no injury worries ahead of our curtain raiser, only Dyer and Owen are out for now.

My head says we may well start with the team that beat Ventspils, but this is the line-up I would like to see:


---Given---
---Carr ----Taylor---- Moore ----Ramage---
---Parker ---
---Milner ----Emre --------N'Zogbia----Duff ---
---Ameobi---
Although I would be almost as pleased if we used a 4-4-2 formation using both Ameobi and Luque. The important factor for either of the formations is that Ameobi must not be isolated. I know Glenn and many fans want to see Parker in a more attacking role, at the moment we really need him in front of our back four. We must be compact and defend well, the back four I've chosen seems to be the one that will make the least mistakes. The midfield is full of pace and is full of players who like to create and score. Ameobi should be able to feed off balls from these midfielders.
The build-up will be live here tomorrow afternoon! That's how much time I have to use up.